What Is Fee Splitting In Counseling?

What Is Fee Splitting In Counseling?

The employer and employee agree to divide any client fees that are brought in by the employee in a proportional manner under the terms of a fee split contract. Example: A prelicensed therapist working in private practice may be compensated 40% of the fees collected from their customers, with the other 60% going to their employer/supervisor as a profit.

What is fee splitting in medical billing?

Fee splitting is the practice of dividing payments with professional peers, such as physicians or attorneys, in exchange for receiving recommendations from their clients. As the name implies, this is fundamentally the payment of a commission to a referrer in order to ensure that the referring doctor directs referrals of patients to the payee.

Is it legal to split fees between clients?

Not so fast, my friend. According to the American Chiropractic Association, this is considered fee splitting and unethical. According to Section A.10.b of the American Counseling Association’s ethical code, ″Counselors do not participate in fee splitting, nor do they provide or receive commissions, rebates, or any other kind of payment when recommending clients for professional services.″

What is fee splitting in the 2014 Code of ethics?

The American Counseling Association’s (ACA) Code of Ethics for 2014 has just been made available for download.In this post, I’ll go through the topic of fee sharing.According to the American Counseling Association (ACA), fee splitting is defined as follows: ″Price Splitting – the payment or acceptance of compensation for client referrals (e.g., percentage of rental fee paid, referral fees).″

Zeus Toby

leave a comment

Create Account



Log In Your Account



Adblock
detector